Friday 10 April 2015

Day 49 and 50: Coffee and Toilets

Day 49

My shoulder is better but my tummy is not so we are having a full day on the hunt for some new coffee shops. The first on Ben's list is called Pilgrims Cafe and it seems to do a nice breakfast so we head there. I go for Granola and I swear I could have eaten a mixing bowls worth of it, it just delicious. I have also spotted on the menu macaroni and cheese and it doesn't take too much persuading to get Ben to stay here until lunch as he gets free refills and he's in a blogging mood. The mac and cheese did not disappoint and I could have licked the plate, it's strange what you miss but cheese for me is definitely up there. 

The coolness of the cafe means I actually get some work done today which is a nice change from the last week, the heat here really knocks you out and all you want to do it sleep. About 3 again (really another whole day eating) we go pick up our passports with our snazzy Vietnam visas in them. My stomach has got worse still and Ben's not feeling good either so we head back to our sanctuary and miss out on the market dinner.

Day 50

Today is our last day in Laos and I'm quite sad about it, this beautiful country is probably my favourite place we've been so far and it's a shame we didn't plan to see more of it. We resume our coffee hunt and next on the list was Cafe Laos and we head there to sample their wares. 



This coffee comes out in a syphon like contraption and looked so cool when it was being made. Ben goes into a little more detail about it so have a look at his blog here. It gives him 3 cups and I slurp down some coke whilst we enjoy the cafe's old colonial style.



You'd think having not eaten since lunch yesterday I'd be starving and English Hatty would be but its not before mid day that I do get peckish, so we head to our favourite haunt Utopia and relax on the Thai beds, taking in the river sounds for the last time. After a very garlicky lunch and starting on The Book Thief, the heat over powers us again and its time to retreat. The heat is the only thing I won't miss here, it just takes out all of your stuffing and leaves you an over heated mess, the stomach upset isn't helping either and I start to miss the comforts of home. We have a small dinner and pack ready for our trip to Vietnam tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog all about one pink-hair girl's trials and tribulations of first-time backpacking whilst trying to keep to her vintage roots.