Monday 20 April 2015

Day 83 and 84: Moving again and Not Alot Else

Day 83

We both hardly sleep as the heat didn't drop all night, we tried sleeping out in our balcony but we got nibbled so we had to doze fitfully under the mosquito net. We both wake up at 5.30 after an hour or so sleep, very groggy but on a positive note, I didn't feel anxious at all in the night! So although we were in a beachside cabin, all made of straw and the toilet isn't completely critter proof, the fear hasn't returned. I think I'm on the mend :) we do decide however to leave the place as it's just too darn hot and we find a hotel just up from us that's concrete to quell my fear and cool so Ben can sleep.

Once we've checked in, we go off down Otres 1 to find a man about flyboarding. It looks a little like hoover boarding but with water and looks so cool. It's a bit of a long walk but we love going along Long Beach and walking on the sand. It's a bit wasted though as the guy says the jet ski isn't working and to come back tomorrow. The walk mixed with the lack of sleep has killed us so we grab a lime juice to cool and play some pool 1-0 to Ben (his lucky table) (38-26) before heading back to have a night of slobbing out with some films and a well needed early night.

Day 84

Oh that was such a good night sleep, being cooler makes such a difference. We grab some food before packing our little adventure bag for flyboarding. After a hot 30 minute walk, we arrive to find the guy not there and when someone finally wakes him up (he sleeps at his fly board hut) he says the jet ski is still broken as his friend (not him obviously) is lazy and hasn't fixed it so to come back tomorrow. We don't hold out much hope though.

The beach here is lovely and quite quiet so we jump in the sea for a swim, it's all going swimmingly (see what I did there) when 2 jelly fish puff through in between us and we freak out like girls and get out. Shrimps for lunch which is so good as I've missed my crustation fix whilst I've been ill then more pool and another 1-0 to Ben (39-26), I think he's stealing my talent.

We go back to cool our sun kissed faces before heading out to Pappa Pippos for dinner, which was the first place we stayed and where all the problems started. I'm a little nervous about going back but remember the food being really nice and my stomach always wins over my head so imagine my disappointment when the food was actually pants and so was the music (same as last week). We lounge for a bit but I can't really relax so we grab a tuk tuk back, I'm glad we went though even if it was just to test out a fear. We aren't back for half hour when a bassy but dull to us music starts and we realise all the rumours of all night party down at Otres 2 were true, it's not too loud though and doesn't ruin our night of watching Kenny vs Spenny on YouTube. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog all about one pink-hair girl's trials and tribulations of first-time backpacking whilst trying to keep to her vintage roots.