Monday 20 April 2015

Day 85 and 86: Pappa Poopies and Cards

Day 85

We wake up at our usual 7am and the music is still going. It finally finishes at 8.30 and I'm jealous of their stamina. Within half hour of waking up, it's obvious we won't be moving to far from the room as we both are fighting for the toilet and we've decide to rename the restaurant Pappa Poopies. We blog though and I come up with elaborate plans for What's your tale, Nightingale? once we're back.

We do manage to make it out for lunch though and we find a brilliant place called Elephant Paradise. It was brilliant for 2 reasons: the first, it had jacket potato which has been one of my constant cravings and the second, they finish the meal by giving you a iced flannel, similar to the hot lemon ones you get but a million times better in the days sticky 35c heat. It's the little things.

Day 86

After a might of ups and downs, I'm feeling better but sadly Ben's not and it looks like another day very near a bathroom. I'm looking forward to when we are both well again. We are getting lots done and I've made myself a nice lot of to do lists to ponder and never complete. I need my fix so we grab some shrimp for lunch and it's the first time since Phnom Penh 13 days ago, that I've finish a full meal, yay for me. Not so much for Ben. We venture out for a little beach walk and a sit by the river but Ben had to quickly head back to the hotel and after a half hour wait it's obviously he's not coming back so I follow him. We do learn a new card game though, Chinese 10, I'd recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog all about one pink-hair girl's trials and tribulations of first-time backpacking whilst trying to keep to her vintage roots.