Tuesday 9 June 2015

Day 121 and 122: Cat Museum and More Airports

Day 121

It's our last full day in Kuching today and it's going to one of exploring but this time the town instead of the forest. We hear there is a cat museum here so it's going to be first on our list but not before we take some cheeky snaps of the cat statues along the way.




The museum is a little out of the way so we grab a taxi which heads out of the city centre and towards the impressive city hall. Why the city hall? Well that's where the place to put the worlds first cat museum of course. It's free to go in apart from a small fee for taking pictures which we are more than happy to spend. The place is amazing, how to describe it, imagine the craziest cat lady house and then times it by 10, we love it! It literally has everything to do with cats, cat things, posters and anything else a little feline. 



They even have some rubbish taxidermy, what more could you want? We spend an hour here taking a mound of photos before even we get a little cat-ed out. The taxi has waited for us so we jump back in, heading back into the centre and we get dropped off at a museum in the middle of town. This also has taxidermy, huge skeletons and upstairs a model long house that would fit normally a whole village worth of people in, it was really interesting but we didn't take any snaps and I've forgotten the names which doesn't make good reading for you. Now tired of walking and our heads full of museums, we head to a cinema to see the new Mad Max film. The maps points is in the direction of a seemingly derelict building. But it can't be, it's got a film poster out the front for a movie that only came out yesterday. We try a door and it opens and a shifty looking man points us to the lift. We open out onto an empty cinema foyay which is full of Avengers bits. I got a few snaps before going to the counter and getting our tickets.



Ben heads to the popcorn stand and grabs us 2 drinks and 2 popcorns and the total, with the tickets in £3 all together! Apparently the cinema isn't very popular in Kuching, as the screen is as dead as the rest of the building. It's just us, a business man and a couple with a 3 year old girl (I don't think she enjoyed it that much as I heard Peppa Pig in the quieter moments). I wasn't that impressed with the film as a whole but loved the costumes and some of the cinematography but I haven't seem the others and I have just fallen in love with Grand Budapest Hotel so I might be biased. We head back after is and pack as tomorrow is the start of my birthday plans, woohoo!

Day 122

I am so excited this morning! We are heading for Langkawi which for us means it's my birthday :D We've got a few flights today so we are starting early but not before another yummy breakfast and a cute gift of a bracelet and a cool key ring from the lady who owns the home stay. The first flight is uneventful and we arrive in Changi Airport, Singapore. This is the airport that we are most excited by and once we drop our big bags off (they aren't coming to Langkawi with us) we go off and explore. The first place we go is to the Social Media Tree and take a few snaps.



I also photo bomb some girls which I really didn't mean to do but made Ben laugh, a lot.

We then grab some food and as we've got a few hours and the free wifi is good I FaceTime my bro and my nephews which was so so lovely, I do miss the little monkeys. Still with 3 hours to go we potter around the airport which is when Ben lets slip that my lovely, awesome, fabulous family and sent some money for me to spend on treatments and food in Langkawi, I've already thanked them but here is another one, Thank You!!! I decide to spend some here at the airport and grab some moisturiser which I am in dire need of and then we go to the duty free shop to pick up a bottle so we can celebrate in style. This is when the Hendricks Gin counter catches our eye and we decide it would be rude to not sample some free cocktails off their menu, yum.

With a little bit of hic, we buy a bottle of Tanquay gin and then I spot the Mac counter and grab myself some nail varnish, oh I feel very spoilt. Next stop for us is Harry's Bar for a very expensive drink and then we spot some a leg massager machine and this one is free!! 15 minutes later and feeling nice and relaxed we go for another wander and find an outside area that we chill out in for a bit, oh I do love this airport. It's time to walk to our gate but we squeeze another leg massage we before we do. 



The flight is only an hour long and I'm getting so excited! We grab a taxi and head off to our hotel which is on the other side of the island and it's so lovely. The foyer reminds me of the amazing snazzy place we popped in in Kota Kinnabula to grab a taxi one wet afternoon and I never thought I'd be able to stay somewhere so grand, thank you Ben!! The staff are really lovely and then we grab a shuttle to our room as the place isn't one building but a selection of chalets. We have got a rainforest suite and it's beautiful, I have a bath!!!!! We unpack, order room service and I have a luscious slash in the huge tub so I am looking devine on my birthday, I could get used to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog all about one pink-hair girl's trials and tribulations of first-time backpacking whilst trying to keep to her vintage roots.