Sunday 21 June 2015

Day 143 and 144: Prickly Heat and Shade

Day 143

As my chest is still causing me to want to rip it off, we put off going to Gili T today, the third island in this little trio. We spend the morning chatting away about food and my love of coke. I've forgotten to mention that Ben has bet me I can't give up fizzy drinks for a month and today, 7th June, I'm on day 12. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a Coca Cola addict and this trip is increased 10 fold as orange squash, my drink of choice at home, is hard to come by. This challenge will be hard.



We miss out on sun loungers as we get a little too engrossed in arguing about sugars so we decide to head round the island again and find some sand. The sea has other ideas though and is a lot rougher and higher than when we walked the other day. We find a tiny patch and set up camp but my plan to cover my chest so it stays out of the sun and fingers crossed stops itching, doesn't work and now I'm covered in prickly heat on my arms. Honestly! We've been travelling for  nearly 5 months now and I've had no skin problems but now it decides to all come at once. We head back now so I can shower and cool down and do so through the middle of the island which is so green and pretty and full of little kittens, can this place get any more perfect? 

We venture a little further afield for dinner, well as far as you can on this beautiful island, and we aren't disappointed. I have BBQ tune steak again and if it was possible with was even better than the other night. Ben goes for chicken, tuna and beef steak kebabs and he's in heaven as much as I am, to top it off we eat it on the beach with a lovely cool breeze. I love island living! 

Day 144

We are up at about 6am as we had a stupidly night but the air is cool so it's not all bad. I am determined to get rid of this prickly heat today so I'm hiding in the shade whilst Ben gets his sunbathe on. I'm also trying to keep cool with showers so the morning is spent with me darting in and out. 



We lunch here and Ben makes a feline friend. I think I'm going to rename him cat man, he shares his lunch with him and I think they are bosom buddies, till another lunch comes out and the cats off :( Our aim was to explore a bit more of the island but the heavens decide to open so we stay put, enjoying the cooler air and a pack of cards. We eat at our bungalow as its still drizzling and we spend another evening in the company of the Electric Watermelon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog all about one pink-hair girl's trials and tribulations of first-time backpacking whilst trying to keep to her vintage roots.