Thursday 11 June 2015

Day 123 and 124: My Birthday! and Leaving Malaysia

Day 123

It's my birthday, it's my birthday! I get woken up by Keo the bear singing me happy birthday with a very excited Ben behind me. Turns out he got some of my friends to send my little birthday message videos which were really lovely and make me miss home.


My tummy starts to rumble and then I remember we have got a unlimited buffet breakfast included in the room and I'm out of bed and dressed in a shot. The selection is incredible, we have cereals, fruit, pancakes, omelettes, toast, cheese, salad, ham, curries, fried breakfast and pastries, I'm in heaven. We eat till we are full to bursting then head to the pool to sun bathe. The layout of the hotel is so good and the pool even has a waterfall. We lounge here for a bit then head down to the beach which is about a 30 second walk and lounge and swim a little more. From here you can see the sky cab, which is a cable car that goes up into the Langkawi hills and it's one of the things I'm most excited about doing today.



Once we are bored of the water, we get ourselves dressed up and grab a free shuttle to the sky cab from the hotel entrance. We had heard rumours that you can queue for hours to get on but we went straight through, it must be my birthday good luck. The first thing you do is a 3D simulator ride thing on Mars weirdly then you grab a cab. Oh my god, it's beautiful. They have done it so there's no mechanical noise so all you can hear is the rainforest beneath you and you don't get distracted from the incredible view. You can get off at a middle stop and get some pictures which we did then you grab another cab up to the top section which gives amazing views of the island. There is also a sky bridge here that links two peaks so we pay our £1 and head to it. They are still constructing it so the path is a little rocky and muddy but it's worth the walk. The views again are amazing even if I was a little scared as I swear the bridge was moving. You can also stand on glass sections so you can see beneath you,
 another thing I wasn't that keen on. 



We walked back and got hot and sweaty so treated ourselves to an ice cream before heading back down on the cabs to the shopping village beneath the cable car. It's only a short walk back to the hotel so we meander back and grab our free welcome fruit punch from the sports bar. At this point Ben slinked off to reception which I couldn't work out why until at 8pm there's a knock on the door and a chocolate cake and a fruit hamper turns up for me, all complimentary of the hotel, so lovely and so lovely of Ben to organise it :) It's my choice of what we do tonight so we watch Les Miserable and I cry and eat cake, what more could a girl want from her birthday.



Day 124

I don't want to leaved here, it's all just too nice but Singapore calls. We fill our faces at the breakfast buffet then spend the morning working out how to smuggle the rest of the gin back (complimentary toiletry bottles if you're curious). We grab a taxi back to the airport at about lunch time and it's all a bit uneventful apart from the immigration can't decide if I look more like Katy Perry or Miley Cryus. 

We are flying back to Singapore with Tiger air and it's a smooth flight. We are staying in Singapore with some friends of friends and after a little bit of a kerfuffle with finding the place, we only had one line of the address and we could get hold of them straight away, we arrive at the apartment and Pete, who is meeting us, arrives a few minutes after. The place is an old 1950's army quarters so the rooms are airy and big but basic which is perfect for us, it's even got a washing machine, heaven. We go out for a quick drink and snack before unpacking and crashing ready to explore tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog all about one pink-hair girl's trials and tribulations of first-time backpacking whilst trying to keep to her vintage roots.